HELIX Multicopter Propeller - designed for future
As industrial partner, HELIX is responsible to design and production of rotor blades for boost and propulsion of electric driven Multicopter aerial vehicles.
Multicopter are known for the following properties:
- With their several propellers, the Multicopter is able to start and land vertical like a helicopter.
- Because of the propulsion redundance, the multicopter can be landed safely, even if several engines stop working.
- The propellers produce the whole boost and additionally they take care on stearing by changing speed selectively.
HELIX Multicopter-Propeller in application
What is a Volocopter?
The Volocopter from e-volo is a total new, vertical starting, human-transportable aerial vehicle, that can not be put in any known category. In contrast to conventional aircraft vehicles, the Volocopter was designed and developed from the beginning as a electric aircraft.
With its many propellers, the volocopter can can start and land vertically as a helicopter. One essential advantage beside the captivatingly easy construction without any expensive mechanic, is the redundancy of the propulsion. So, even if four engines will fall out, the volocopter can be landed safe.
How does a Volocopter work?
The steering follows the principle of Fly-by-wire, very easy, with a joystick. In difference to any other aerial vehicle, the handling is dead easy. It starts and lands verticallyand the pilot does not have to think about angle of approach, minimum speed, flow demolition, mixture regulation, pitch adjustment or many other things, which are challenging in conventional flight circumstances.
The propellers produce the whole boost and additionally keep control of the steering by well-directed speed change. Beside that, there are no additional mechanics needed, to adjust the blades.
The automatical bearing-regulation and the direction-control comes from various, independent, mutual monitoring onboard computers, which regulates each engine separately.
An optional additional propulsion drive allows faster flying.
HBS - Hovering Blade Scanner
HBS – Hovering Blade Scanner is a „Automatic examination system for rotor blades of wind turbines“ and was developed for automatic recurrently examinations of wind turbine rotor blades.
See more ... Youtube-Video ...
The drone4agro is a drone is a multicopter vehicle with vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) ability that enables you to carry 100 kg of payload through the air for the agricultural applications. The main advantageover the helicopter is the fact that:
- The drone is 24/7 operational as it is remotely piloted and silent;
- The drone is much lower in costs
- The precision of the drone in dusting is high: with GPS the accuracy is high and it flies according to a GPS planned scanning of the fields
- The drone is a much smaller vehicle with length and width of 3 by 2,5 meters, also easier and less expensive for maintenance. It doesn’t require any kind of runway, or an aircraft hangar like today’s modern general aviation airplanes.
- As compared to tractors and their implements it does not create soil compaction or need wheel trails that occupy space where plants could have grown and often result in disease areas.
Hierzu mehr ...
Revolutionizing Unmanned Airborne Logistics and Manned Flight
The Hoverbike can deliver heavy aid, people, and equipment over buildings, rivers and mountains autonomously at the push of a button – cheap, safe and reliably.